Programs & Initiatives
Police Reform & Advocacy
- Provide seminars around the nation featuring the families of victims of police brutality and working towards bridging the gap between law enforcement and the black community.
- Advocate for the “Redirection of Funds” to police departments into services for mental health counselors, drug rehabilitation, domestic relations counselors, and other social services.
- Establish “The George Floyd Day on the Hill” where citizens of the State of North Carolina would gather to meet with lawmakers in the North Carolina General Assembly to advocate for legislation that would support police reform, civil rights, social reform, education and the need for safer communities.
- Provide academic scholarships to graduating high school seniors, with a preference for those majoring in criminal justice, criminology, and athletic-related majors.
- Develop and provide academic scholarships to minority law school students.
- Partner with local businesses to provide equal access to technology to students in low-income areas.
- Develop a George Floyd Academic Program for Success, the mission will be to provide students with skills necessary to be successful in life and to build a bright future.
- Host educational seminars on making a difference in your community, i.e. by teaching others how to run for public office.
- Educate communities on the importance of voting.
- Conduct voter registration and other mobilization efforts in communities with low voter turnout.
Re-Entry of Ex-Offenders & Job Training
- Assist Ex-Offenders with obtaining their GED or High School Diplomas.
- Assist Ex-Offenders with Job Training.
- Provide academic scholarships for CDL Training and other trade school programs for need-based individuals in North Carolina.
Subscribe To Our Email List
You will receive updates about our organization and ways you can BE APART of THE Change. We promise not to SPAM you!
Hours Of Operation
Monday-Friday: 10am - 6pm(EST)
Headquarters: Charlotte, North Carolina
Carry Wright, Executive Director The George Floyd Memorial Foundation P.O. Box 19834 Charlotte, NC 28219